How do I get a PPO?

There are forms available through Michigan courts to petition for a PPO. You fill out the form and file it with the court. If the allegations are serious enough, the court will enter a PPO immediately and send a copy to the Sheriff’s Dept. so that the police will know the PPO is in effect. The person against whom you obtained the PPO has 14 days to contest it.